Thursday, May 25, 2006

i <3 Sweden

So don’t get me wrong here, I love Sweden and most of the Swedes that live there. I would move back there in a second. So I compiled a list of the best things in Sweden so I don’t seem too one sided here.

The bread (like no other bread you have ever tasted- 1 slice is a meal in itself)

IKEA (yes, every home in Sweden looks like it was furnished at IKEA, except the northern Swedes that live in tents or igloos or something)

H&M

Lingonberries (these are best on cheese + crackers)

Dahls (best coffee shop/bakery ever)

Pearl sugar

Everything made with elderflower

True environmentalism backed by the government

The most efficient tram system I have ever seen

Swedish pancakes

Cheap cheese

Marabou Hazelnut Chocolate

Gothenburg

Equality of women

Everyone drives a new car

When people talk to strangers they are either mentally insane or American

My 15 year old brother can kick the ass of any Swedish thug

Americans are cool

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your previous "Lagom" post -quite incisive. I also like the fact that you're showing another perspective with this post but here's a few points I want to make:

"True environmentalism backed by the government" & "Everyone drives a new car" - seem a little at-odds to me.

"When people talk to strangers they are either mentally insane or American" -How is that a good thing?

& to be completely honest, anyone who thinks "Americans are cool" must have a serious intelligence deficit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home